This place is massively beautiful and arguably is the most beautiful part of Canada. Banff, Jasper and the corridor between them is one of the most visited parts of Canada and for good reason. Here, in every direction there are endless snow covered mountain peaks, old growth forests, pristine lakes, wildlife, fresh air and tourists. I remember, while in Bannff, talking with an American citizen from Florida and he was star-struck, stammering how there was no place like this place. I just smiled, after all this is the pinnacle. In Banff make sure you visit Johnson Trail for a wonderful hike full of memorable spots. If you are in Jasper don't miss Athabaska Falls, The Valley of the Five Lakes, Mt. Edith Cavell and Malign Canyon. We have camped in the government campgrounds in Jasper and they are very nice, the wildlife here practically comes right up to you (If you like that). There is year-round camping in Jasper. In fact the Jasper area has ten campgrounds that you can bring your RV to! These are Wapiti, Wilcox, Wabasso, Pocahontas, Snaring, Kerkeslin, Honeymoon Lake, Jonas, Icefields Centre RV and Whistlers. What will you find at each of these sites?
- At Wapiti Campground you will find 362 sites ($28 to $33.01) in the summer and 75 winter camping sites. You will find year round camping, electrical hookups and fire pits.
- At Wilcox you will find 46 sites ($16.05) and it is best suited for motorhomes and trailers less than 27 feet. It is relatively close to the Columbia Icefields.
- At Wabasso you will find 231 sites($21.97 to $28), gorgeous views, and even electrical sites for small RVs. It is recommended for RVs less than 35 feet.
- At Pocahontas you will find 140 sites($21.97), running water, fire rings and flushing toilets. It is recommended for RVs less than 27 feet.
- At Snaring you will find 62 sites ($16.05). It is recommended for RVs less than 27 feet.
- At Kerkeslin you will find 42 sites ($16.05).It is recommended for RVs less than 25 feet.
- At Honeymoon Lake you will find 35 sites ($16.05)It is recommended for RVs less than 25 feet.
- At Icefields Centre RV you will find 100 sites($16.05)This place is for trailers and RVs only. Water and fire is not provided.
At Whistlers you will find 781 sites, a playground for the kids and hot showers. All summer, Parks Canada employees hold evening shows. Whistlers is fine for most sizes of RV.
In Banff you can RV camp at Tunnel Mountain or Two Jack campgrounds. The Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court has 321 sites, all of which have electricity, water and sewer. This campground provides washrooms with hot and cold running water, flush toilets and showers. The fee at this time is $38.20. At Two Jack Campground there are 41 sites that RVs can use. Your RV must be no longer than 27 feet to use this campground. Here you also get washrooms with hot and cold running water, flush toilets and showers.